Chipotle Mexican Grill is an established and much loved fast casual restaurant that serves Mexican cuisine. Dishes such as burritos, burrito bowls, tacos and salads that are served along with a varied choice of chicken, steak, barbacoa, carnitas and vegetarian toppings cater to the delight of every foodie’s palate. The texture and the flavor of these delicious and nutritious dishes can be enhanced by the use of four types of salsas, beans, rice, cheese, lettuce and sour cream.
Every Chipotle restaurant has a unique architectural design that is pleasing to the eyes as well as environmentally friendly. Moreover, the ambience inside the restaurants is invigorating, warm, relaxing and inviting. In addition, the customers at Chipotle can smell and see the foods being prepared in the kitchen at Chipotle Mexican Grill restaurants.
All these factors are essential in the makings of a Chipotle restaurant. Hence, Chipotle does not believe in the concept of franchises. However, the management at Chipotle Mexican grill restaurants is always looking for feedback and suggestions from all individuals who want a Chipotle restaurant in their neighborhood. Chipotle requires certain details about the location and the neighborhood. These details can be filled at the website www.chipotle.com. Chipotle then reviews the recommendations and then forwards the suggestions to their real estate department. The queries and requests of all individuals who put in such requests are duly answered with thanks and more such suggestions are always welcome at Chipotle.
Some of the details that are required by Chipotle for opening up a new restaurant are as follows:
General Location Needs
- Urban and suburban with strong residential and daytime population.
- Preferred generators include residential, office, retail, university, recreation and hospitals.
Preferred Site Criteria
- Urban storefronts, shopping center end-caps and pads, freestanding buildings
- Current sizes range from 1,000 to 2,800 square feet depending on trade area characteristics.
- 25 feet minimum frontage.
- Patio seating preferred.
- Zoning to accommodate restaurant use and allow liquor license (beer & margaritas).
- Parking adequate for restaurant use.
- Building exterior to allow Chipotle standard storefront design and signage.
- Excellent visibility and access.
Chipotle Franchise Cost
The initial capital cost can be $25,000 as the initial startup capital to join this flourishing franchise. The investment amount pooled in by this franchise in the capital market comes to $1.8 million and the revenue generated per year is $775 million. The net incomes are an approximate $34.5 million annually. All these figures are estimate, so contact your franchisor for more details.