Chipotle is a unique brand of fast casual restaurants that serves Mexican cuisine. Dishes and food items such as burritos, burrito bowls, salads and tacos are available at Chipotle along with a variety of toppings such as vegetables, meats like steak and chicken, carnitas, barbacoa, salsas, rice, lettuce, cheese, sour cream and beans.
Chipotle Menu prices are a little higher than the average fast casual restaurant prices. The average check, per transaction at Chipotle comes to around eight dollars and fifty cents. The prices of the dishes are the same across the United States, but the different taxes in the various states, according vary the price as per the state.
The prices are a little higher than the normal going rate at fast casual restaurants because of the use of high quality ingredients at Chipotle. The Chipotle dishes have meat which is farm produced and unadulterated with hormones or otherwise. The vegetables are fresh and mostly organic. Other seasonings are not organic, because it would entail an extreme hike in the dishes at Chipotle.
A typical Chipotle menu will have the following menu with the respective prices:
BURRITOS, TACOS & SALADS
• BURRITOS & BOWLS : Cilantro-lime rice, pinto or vegetarian black beans, meat, salsa, and cheese or sour cream. Served in a flour tortilla or in a bowl. Add peppers and onions instead of beans for a fajita burrito.
• TACOS : Three crispy corn, soft corn or soft flour tortillas with meat, salsa, sour cream or cheese, and lettuce.
• SALADS: Chopped romaine lettuce with choice of beans, meat, salsa and cheese. Served with freshly made chipotle honey vinaigrette.
• CHICKEN: Marinated in our chipotle adobo, then grilled. For $6.55
• STEAK : Marinated in our chipotle adobo, then grilled. For $6.95
• CARNITAS: Seared pork, braised for hours, then shredded. For $6.95
• BARBACOA: Beef braised for hours, then shredded. For $6.95
• VEGETARIAN: A vegetarian option with our freshly made guacamole and vegetarian black beans. For $6.55
• Fresh Tomato – Mild
• Roasted Chili-Corn -Medium
• Tomatillo-Green Chili – Medium Hot
• Tomatillo-Red Chili – Hot
• Chips & Guacamole: $3.15
• Chips & Salsa: $2.05
• Guacamole: $1.95
• Chips: $1.25
• Bottled Drinks: $2.10 / $2.50
• Soda: $1.60 / $1.90
Of late, the current economic downturn in the United States and across the world, coupled with rising prices of commodity and real estate has contributed to the rise in prices at Chipotle.
But the customers have continued to pour in at Chipotle restaurants. This is because of the healthy nature of the dishes served at Chipotle as well as the invigorating atmosphere at Chipotle family restaurants.
According to Steve Ells, founder and chairman of Chipotle chain of restaurants, Americans and people across the world are realizing the importance of a healthy diet and consumption of healthy foods. Therefore, inspite of the recent hike in prices at several chipotle outlets, the customers are happy to pay a little extra for healthy, tasty and nutritious dishes.