Chipotle is one of the leading restaurants doing impressive business throughout the United States, Canada and England with matchless customer service. They are also branching out to other regions in Europe such as Paris, France.
Chipotle was one of the first of kind that served Mexican cuisine in a fast casual restaurant.
The menu for Chipotle Mexican Grill focuses on a few selected items. According to Steve Ells, founder and chairman, the reason for the limited menu at Chipotle Mexican Grill is exclusivity. He believes that concentration and focus on a few things eventually leads to better quality of food that is better than others who are in the business of serving Mexican cuisine.
The menu for Chipotle Mexican Grill consists of burritos, burrito bowls, tacos and salads that are served along with a choice of chicken, steak, barbacoa, carnitas and vegetarian toppings. In addition to these toppings, four types of salsas, beans, rice, cheese, lettuce and sour cream is also available to increase the flavor of the dishes.
In addition there are extras such as chips & guacamole, chips & salsa, guacamole, chips and beverages such as margarita, beer, bottled drinks and soda. Some of the Chipotle Mexican grill restaurants also offer pozole soup. Quesadillas are not listed on the menu, but can be made on request by customers.
As the business expands, Chipotle Mexican grill is trying various new cuisines and menu items. A new Chipotle kid’s menu as well as breakfast offerings are being tested.
In addition, Asian cuisine that comprises of Malaysian, Thai and Vietnamese cuisines is also being tried at a new Chipotle concept restaurant in Washington D.C. which is called the ShopHouse Southest Asian Grill.
The Chipotle Mexican grill menu and its ingredients are listed below in detail:
• Burritos: Flour tortilla, choice of cilantro-lime rice, pinto or vegetarian black beans, meat (braised carnitas or barbacoa, adobo-marinated and grilled chicken or steak) or guacamole, salsa and cheese or sour cream.
• Add peppers and onions instead of beans for a fajita burrito.
• Burrito Bowl: Served in a bowl, choice of cilantro-lime rice, pinto or vegetarian black beans, meat (braised carnitas or barbacoa, adobo-marinated and grilled chicken or steak) or guacamole, salsa and cheese or sour cream.
• Crispy Tacos: Crispy corn shells filled with meat (braised carnitas or barbacoa, adobo-marinated and grilled chicken or steak), salsa, cheese or sour cream and romaine lettuce.
• Soft Tacos: Soft flour tortillas filled with meat (braised carnitas or barbacoa, adobo-marinated and grilled chicken or steak), salsa, cheese or sour cream and romaine lettuce.
• Salad: Chopped romaine lettuce with choice of pinto or vegetarian black beans, meat (braised carnitas or barbacoa, adobo-marinated and grilled chicken or steak) or guacamole, salsa and cheese, with freshly made chipotle-honey vinaigrette.
• Chips & Guac: Chips are made fresh every day, with a squeeze of real lime and kosher salt. Guacamole is made from perfectly ripe avocados, and hand mashed, up to three times a day.
• Chicken: Naturally raised chicken, marinated overnight in our smoky, spicy chipotle pepper adobo, then grilled. The char marks impart a subtle caramelized flavor.
• Steak: Lean steak marinated for hours in our smoky, spicy chipotle pepper adobo, then grilled to a juicy, medium-rare.
• Barbacoa: Spicy, shredded beef, slowly braised for hours in a blend of chipotle pepper adobo, cumin, cloves, garlic and oregano until tender and moist.
• Carnitas: Naturally raised pork seasoned with thyme, bay, juniper berries and cracked black pepper. Braised until meltingly tender.
• Fajita Vegetables: Fresh, sliced green bell peppers and red onion sautéed in a touch of soybean oil with chopped, fresh oregano until bright and slightly crisp.
• Pinto Beans: Seasoned with bacon and several herbs and spices to achieve a smoky aroma and a mildly sweet heat.
• Black Beans: Our black beans are seasoned with cumin, garlic and other spices, then slow cooked until tender and slightly al dente.
• Cilantro-Lime Rice: Steamed white rice tossed with freshly chopped cilantro, a dash of citrus juice and a little salt.
• Fresh Tomato Salsa – mild: Chopped red, ripe sweet tomatoes, mixed with red onions, jalapeño peppers and freshly chopped cilantro for a mildly tangy, refreshing taste.
• Roasted Chili-Corn Salsa – med: Sweet, succulent corn, blended with roasted poblano peppers, jalapeño peppers, red onions and freshly chopped cilantro. Sweet with a little heat.
• Tomatillo-Green Chili Salsa – med: A distinctive combination of tomatillos, tomatoes, jalapeño peppers, red onions, freshly chopped cilantro and several spices.
• Tomatillo-Red Chili Salsa – hot: This salsa of puréed chiles de arbol, tomatillos and spices is smooth, full-bodied and a rich, rusty red color.
• Cheese: A blend of jack and white cheddar cheese freshly grated from large blocks daily, which ensures a moist, creamy texture. Our cheese is made from a vegetable-based rennet.
• Guacamole: Hand mashed, ripe Hass avocados, mixed with freshly chopped cilantro, red onions, jalapeño peppers, citrus juice, salt and selected spices until silky, sexy and delicious.
• Sour Cream: 100% cultured cream whipped to a velvety consistency.
• Romaine Lettuce: Fresh crisp romaine lettuce is a great addition to burritos, tacos and bowls, or the main ingredient in a salad.
So, if you want to give yourself a treat and indulge in culinary delights you can drive down to any of the restaurants or you can place an order online at www.chipotle.com, or with our iPhone App or by fax.